I am so excited to start classes, mostly because all of the class I am taking sound really interesting:
Contemporary Culture
Nationalism and Ethnicity
Contemporary Issues in Central Europe
The History, Philosophy, and Development of the EU
Humanitarian Law
All of the professors I have met so far seem really experienced, and I am beyond excited to be learning new things in a new environment!
The first three classes are part of the USF in Budapest program, and contain mostly USF students (with the exception of one Hungarian student and two girls from St. Louis). The last two classes on the list are Erasmus classes. So, there will be both Hungarian and Erasmus students from around the world in the those classes. I can't wait to start those classes and meet new people!!
After class, Anabel and I found out that the UPC guys who are installing our internet had already shown up at our apartment, and we had missed them! And of course, they were busy and could not come back in a few hours. Sooo we had to schedule yet another appointment with them for Wednesday!! We are both ready to have internet again- we are at a new coffee shop, using their wifi, almost everyday. Although, I have to admit that it is super fun to walk around and explore, and we have a few favorite places already. One of them is called Praga (Prague) Tea and Coffee, and it has a very warm and antiquey feel to it. Another favorite of ours is a dessert/pastry shop that sells bomb Hungarian pastries, and is entirely pink and sparkly on the inside. Anabel calls it the "Pinky Barbie place". We've tried their dobos torta and raspberry rice pudding cake with a nice glass of white wine. Spectacular.
Anyways, after our first day of class, we met up with everyone from our program (that's right, all 21 of us and two mentors) and headed to Morrison's 1 for karaoke and dancing. That place was POPPING. They had a deal where you get three tickets for three beers at the door for 500 forints (about $2.50). The only thing is that you need to cash them in before 11pm, so it gets really packed around 10pm when most people show up. The place was full of students from all over- Hungary, Sweden, Australia, Spain, Portugal, and the U.S. I ran into two Portuguese guys I met last week when I was at a concert place with two of my cousins. So random! I also met up with an old cserkesz (scout) friend and two other friends I met through my friend Hannah, who studied in BP a few semesters ago. That night was really fun, and we definitely plan on going back!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment